SEE THE LIST BELOW FOR LEGAL SERVICES, RABBINIC COURTS, AND SOCIAL SERVICES ASSISTANCE.
CLICK ON THE ORGANIZATION'S NAME TO BE DIRECTED TO THEIR WEBSITE AND CONTACT INFORMATION.
If you need advice on navigating the Beit Din process for the purposes of getting/receiving a Get, contact [email protected] or 310-730-5282.
- Levitt & Quinn - Provides legal counseling and guidance on a sliding scale.
- Harriet Buhai Center for Family Law - Takes pro-bono cases. Call (213) 388-7515 for appointment.
- Get Divorce Solutions - A male/female mediation team with experience dealing with Jewish families and gets.
- International Beit Din - Rabbinic court dedicated exclusively to issues of gittin throughout the diaspora. They also specialize in cases of igun (Get recalcitrance) by either spouse. Cases of igun are taken free of charge.
- Email [email protected] or call 201-357-4056.
- Beit Din of America - Rabbinical court serving affiliated and unaffiliated Jews.
- Rabbi Ohana's Beit Din - Call 818-216-5730 or Email [email protected]
- Rabbi Teichman's Beit Din
- Rabbinical Council of California
SOCIAL SERVICES and ASSISTANCE:
- Jewish Family Services - Provides many vital services to the Los Angeles community.
- Tomchei Shabbos - Provides a variety of services including weekly food delivery and financial assistance.
- Jewish Free Loan Association - Non-profit agency offering interest-free micro-loan assistance to people facing financial challenges. Call 323-761-8830 x100 for assistance.
The Ezra Network - Provides financial assistance and government program eligibility, access to one-on-one sessions with a social worker, legal counselor or job counselor, as well as referrals for other services. Services are free.
- Rochelle Shapiro, Social Worker: (323) 229-0235
- Liz Mohler, Job Counselor: (323) 761-8888 ext. 8998
- Emily Carroll, Legal Counselor: (323) 549-5827
- Jewish Divorce Assistance Center of Los Angeles - Assists Jewish couples navigate the unique challenges of Jewish divorce.
- Kosher Soup Kichen, Beit Tamchui - On the south side of Pico just east of La Cienega (Across the street from the Post Office) Free-Daily hot meals for pick-up - afternoon/evening